CARAG Board Meeting Minutes - April 20, 2018
Board Meeting Notes
Attending: Max Ellis, Chris Finlay, Colin Harris, Jason Lord, John Kostouros, Tricia Markle
Absent: Ginny Buran, Brad Klein, Jay Lindgren
The meeting was called to order at 7:07PM.
Introductions & Announcements
• Board members and attendees introduced themselves.
• Board Member Jay Lindgren has purchased a home outside of CARAG and will resign from his position soon.
Agenda & Minutes
• Motion, seconded to approve the agenda and May 15 meeting minutes,. Ap-proved.
Bryant Square Park, Claudia
• The wading pool opened in early June with the dedication taking place on June 12.
• Three “water days” events are planned this summer on Thursday afternoons with water activities, a water slide, and slip n/ slide.
• For more info contact BSP at (612) 370-4907 or www.minneapolisparks.org.
CARAG Name Change Process Update, Carol Roth- Task Force Member
• Roth described efforts by the Name Change Task Force to identify a new name for the neighborhood including soliciting ideas at events, a happy hour, and online survey. The survey showed themes, words, and names that were mentioned often by neighbors to identify the community. The task force is planning to release a follow-up survey with five name options to further narrow down name preferences. The options include: Bryant Square, Lakewood, Lyn-Lake, South Uptown, and Uptown South of Lake. The name “CARAG” did not rate highly with the vast majority of those completing the first survey.
• The task force expects the follow-up survey to identify one or two names to be presented to the community at the September 18 CARAG Annual Meeting. It is not clear yet how a vote will take place until survey results are avail-able in August.
Livability & Engagement Committee:, Max Ellis
• The CARAG Garden Tour is Saturday, June 23 and Monday, June 25. The BSP concert series kick off was combined with the wading pool grand opening on June 12.
• The BSP Dolphin Mosaic Project is now in limbo, as costs to place the heavy, concrete dolphin has risen dramatically. The dolphin has been moved to Fort Snelling and put in storage until the project can be restarted.
Treasurer’s Report, Scott Engel
• The CARAG Operations and NRP Administrative account reports were available through May for review.
• CARAG moved all accounts from Bremer Bank to TruStone Financial. This in-cludes the last two Certificates of Deposit, which were combined into one CD at TrueStone.
Adjourn: The meeting adjourned at 8:15PM.